|Single Issue||ACS Member||Non-Member|
This issue of Selected Readings in General Surgery (SRGS) begins a three-part series. This issue reviews bowel preparation for reducing the risk of infectious complications after elective colon resection, diseases of the appendix, diverticular disease, colon obstruction, hemorrhoid disease, and perirectal infection (with an emphasis on anal fistulas and fissures).
The goal of this issue is to provide evidence-based updates on the most common abdominal operations performed by general surgeons, diagnostic process refinements, and the health burden imposed by disease complications.
- Bowel Preparation for Elective Colon Procedures
- Surgery of the Appendix
- Diverticular Disease of the Colon
- Colon Obstruction and Volvulus
- Rectal Prolapse and Fecal Incontinence
- Hemorrhoid Disease
- Perirectal Infection, Anal Fistula, and Anal Fissure
- Pilonidal Disease
This issue includes a self-assessment test that offers the opportunity to earn up to 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.